Pratt Regional Medical Center Volunteers to
Give Two $750 Scholarships
Released: February 19, 2010
Pratt Regional Medical Center Volunteers encourage all students who will be attending college in 2010-11 and plan to enter the health care field to apply for one of two $750 scholarships. Three hundred and seventy-five dollars will be paid each semester to the accredited college of the student’s choice. A grade point average of 3.0 or better is required to receive the second payment. Students who are interested, may pick up an application at the information desk at Pratt Regional Medical Center. The application deadline is April 30, 2010. For more information or to have an application sent to you, contact Susan Lynch, PRMC Volunteer/Guest Services Coordinator, at 620-450-1429, or Kim Stivers, Community Services Director, at 620-450-1444.
The Pratt Regional Medical Center Volunteers will consider scholarship(s) to persons who plan to enter health care field. Some examples of health care fields are nursing, dentistry, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, x-ray technology, pharmacy, laboratory technology or any other fields deemed appropriate by the Scholarship Committee.
The scholarships total $750 per year or $375 per semester and will be given in two installments which are made payable to the accredited college of the applicants choice when payment is due for the fall and spring semesters.
The second installment will be given when the recipient furnishes a transcript of the first semesters grades and continues in a health related field of study. Each scholarship recipient who wishes to be reconsidered for another scholarship must reapply annually. The Volunteers Scholarship Committee will interview applicants, if necessary, to determine eligibility based on:
- Financial need of the individual
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better for the first semester
Recommendations will be made by the Scholarship Committee to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Applications may be acquired from the Volunteer Services Department at Pratt Regional Medical Center or on-line at www.prmc.org and must be returned by April 30th.
For more information, call Susan Lynch at (620)450-1429.
The Pratt Regional Medical Center Volunteers Scholarship Committee established the following criteria to be used as a guideline in granting the Volunteers health care related field of study scholarships.
- Presentation of a completed PRMC Volunteer Scholarship Application either in person or by mail before April 30.
- Neatness and content of the application.
- Statement of the candidate’s intended health care vocation.
- Statement of the candidate’s enrollment, or intent to enroll, full time (12 or more semester hours) in a college or university program. The candidate must be enrolled in 12 or more semester hours.
- Statement by the candidate of financial need.
- Reference recommendation from two persons, one whom will attest to the applicant’s interest in a health care field, and one from a teacher.
- Academic ability of the candidate as indicated by high school and/or college transcript.
- All payments of the PRMC Volunteer Scholarships will be made directly to the college registrar’s office of the academic institution in which the recipient has enrolled.
- In order to receive the second semester award, the scholarship recipient must submit a transcript of the first semester’s grades as soon as possible.
- First semester transcript must indicate a grade point average of 3.0 or better to receive the second half of the award.
- Previous scholarship recipients may re-apply.
- Failure to complete a semester may entail the repayment of the scholarship at the unilateral discretion of the Scholarship Committee.